A super nourishing medicinal paste that you can take by itself, or add to any culinary endeavor to promote your meal’s healing powers
Golden Paste is a wonderfully simple and efficient way to take your turmeric!
Turmeric's been getting a lot of attention for a while now, and with good reason. It's got amazing anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties, reduces pathogenic bacteria in the intestines, helps to treat stomach ulcers, stimulates the liver...the list goes on.
But for us to be able to reap all the benefits turmeric offers, we need two other things- piperine (an alkaloid in black pepper that increases the body's absorption of nutrients), and a (good) fat for it to be absorbed in.
And so we have Golden Paste! A beautifully quick and easy-to-make-kitchen medicine that will keep for up to two weeks in the fridge. Once it's on hand, you can use it in cooking, to make golden milk, or just take a teaspoon straight every couple days or so as a prophylactic.
1/2 cup organic & lead/arsenic-free turmeric
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
1 cup filtered water
1. Combine water with turmeric in a small saucepan and heat over med-high flame.
2. Bring to a boil, then immediately turn down heat to simmer.
3. Stir continuously over low heat until it thickens to an almost peanut butter-like consistency.
4. Remove from heat and add the oil and pepper when it's cooled a bit.
5. Store your Golden Paste in a glass jar with an air tight lid, and use within two weeks.
VPK- but V+P+ when taken in excess
Turmeric is a Tridoshic herb, but it is heating, so when taken in larger quantities it can aggravate Vata and Pitta. Taking turmeric with coconut oil helps to quell it's heat, as coconut oil is more cooling to the body.